Refreshing Chilled Coffee with Blueberry and Maca February 11 2016
Full of antioxidants, this cool coffee drink with Blueberries, Acai and Maca is perfect for a hot, humid summer's day, busy morning, or mid-afternoon motivational boost.
Combining the energy lifting effects of coffee, cinnamon and cayenne pepper together with the added benefits of vitamins, antioxidants, and the hormone balancing effects of Maca root, this drink is just the ticket when you feel like something very slightly decadent that will give you an energy boost rather than weighing you down!
- 1 cup milk (almond/ rice/ oat/ cow's - as you wish; we used rice milk which is naturally a little sweeter)
- 1/2 cup cooled organic espresso or filter coffee or cold extracted coffee (try Kokako's delicious organic one or ask your local coffee house if they do a blend). If you don't drink coffee, try replacing with a herbal coffee substitute.
- 3 - 4 ice cubes
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen berries - Blueberries are great!
- 2 teaspoons Acai powder (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon Good Health Maca powder - more if you wish
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper - less or more as desired
Blend all ingredients together. Optionally add a little extra sweetness such as maple syrup (it's lovely without - we don't use any!) Pour into a large glass and enjoy at your leisure!
For entertaining, garnish with a little fresh mint, lemon balm or a few berries.
Photography by Michelle Hepburn and styling by Kate Newland.