LifeFoods Raw Certified Organic Cacao Nibs are the real stuff when it comes to chocolate! They are taken from raw cacao beans. They have a crunchy texture and a slightly nutty, chocolaty flavour. Delicious added to raw chocolate recipes. A fantastic alternative to processed chocolate.
The health benefits of Raw Cacao Nibs:
- Cacao Nibs have one of the highest amounts of antioxidants - even more than blueberries! Antioxidants help to prevent the damage from free radicals in the body.
- They are abundantly rich in magnesium. Magnesium is essential mineral needed for many, many body functions.
- Magnesium may help women to avoid painful menstruation; it also balances brain chemistry and helps to build strong bones. Magnesium is also associated with improving people's moods as it helps the body to release happy hormones. (For many people with a typical western diet they will often find they are deficient in magnesium, so taking Cacao can help to relieve this problem.)
- It may aid with weight loss as cacao is said to help people feel less hungry. This could be because it contains monoamine oxidase enzyme inhibitors (MAO inhibitors) which when consumed are believed to allow increased levels of serotonin and certain neurotransmitters to be distributed in the brain.
- Cacao may be beneficial for people who want to have increased focus and alertness this is because it contains Phenylethylamine (PEA) which is an adrenal related chemical that's created in the brain.
These delicious chocolaty nibs can be added to many different desserts, cookies and other recipes to add some crunch and chocolate flavour. Try replacing traditional chocolate chips with these, as they contain no sugar!
They are also great added to a trail mix, or to add some crunch in your smoothies or shakes. You can even add them to your morning cereal. All it takes is a little inspiration and you will have that great chocolate hit with a whole heap of benefits.
Contains 100% raw, organic cacao beans.
Contains NO sugar, gluten, dairy, soy, wheat. Suitable for vegans/ vegetarians and paleo diets.