LifeFoods Raw Certified Organic Cacao Powder is the real stuff when it comes to chocolate! Delicious added to raw chocolate recipes.
The health benefits of Raw Cacao Powder:
- Cacao has one of the highest amounts of antioxidants - even more than blueberries! Antioxidants help to prevent the damage from free radicals in the body.
- Raw organic cacao is ethically produced and unlike 'ordinary' cocoa powder does not contain harmful pesticides or byproducts from processing.
- Is sourced from heirloom cacao plants growing in the Amazon.
- It is abundantly rich in magnesium. Magnesium is essential mineral needed for many, many body functions.
- Magnesium may help women to avoid painful menstruation; it also balances brain chemistry and helps to build strong bones. Magnesium is also associated with improving people's moods as it helps the body to release happy hormones. (For many people with a typical western diet they will often find they are deficient in magnesium, so taking Cacao can help to relieve this problem.)
- It may aid with weight loss as cacao is said to help people feel less hungry. This could be because it contains monoamine oxidase enzyme inhibitors (MAO inhibitors) which when consumed are believed to allow increased levels of serotonin and certain neurotransmitters to be distributed in the brain.
- Cacao may be beneficial for people who want to have increased focus and alertness this is because it contains Phenylethylamine (PEA) which is an adrenal related chemical that's created in the brain.
This delicious cacao powder is best used in its raw form in raw chocolate/ treats or to add some delicious chocolatey flavour in your smoothies or shakes. Or enjoy as a delicious hot drink with a little milk & maple syrup/ sweetener. You can even sprinkle it onto your morning cereal for a chocolately hit!
Raw cacao powder can also be used like regular cocoa in baking, and may still contain higher nutrient levels than regular cocoa. (It's also organic, so no nasty pesiticides or additives.)
Contains 100% raw, organic cacao - harvested sustainably and ethically from heirloom cacao trees in the Amazon.
Contains NO sugar, gluten, dairy, soy, wheat. Suitable for vegans/ vegetarians and paleo diets.